Monday, July 27, 2009

Tot Ziens, Opa

So Saturday was the day that my Dad flew back to Belgium to stay, so Friday we had a little party here; a belated birthday for him and an early birthday for my grandmother, plus an opportunity to all get together one more time.There have been times in my life I was sadder, but lately they've been hard to recall. On a brighter side, my Mom will be here until the 21st of August so she still has a few weeks with us. And I'm so very grateful for the week my Dad was here with Frazier. Here's hoping they get to see each other again soon!

Ik hou van u, Dad...and ik mis je.

R.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Randi, I know this must be so difficult for you. I will be lifting you up in prayer, and I look forward to seeing pics of you visiting Belgium!

    Frazier is just adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I've been making myself not call and bother you guys...but I am needing to see that baby soon! I want to meet the little guy. So, you must call me soon! You must!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randi, I am so sorry. I have had this pain most of my adult life. I say goodbye to my family each July knowing it will be 12 months before I see them again.... and it was really tough when Josh was a baby. Babies seem to magnify the emotions ten fold. A lot of people never have to know this sadness because their families are always fairly near and they really can't even imagine how it feels. Just be thankful it is not forever and also for the new computer to "see" them with!!! It will be a huge help!

    Having you and and your family here for holidays has helped me with missing mine. Holidays have always been hard for me. I will miss them, too.

    ReplyDelete