Monday, July 13, 2009

The Last Monday Appointment

Today, my 41 week appointment, was my last one. We won't be going back next Monday because by next Monday I won't be pregnant anymore! We scheduled the induction for Thursday morning...which will be nine days after the due date and we feel okay about going for it since I'm already at 4 cm and it seems both of us (me and the baby) are all ready for labor...we just need some regular contractions. It'll also mean we don't have to worry about having him on another weekend when my doctor and our pediatrician may not be on call and all that...and he'll have more than a week with my Dad. We did an ultrasound biometric screening which revealed he's just fine hanging in there for at least a couple more days. Fluid levels and all the measurements were sufficient so we aren't worried. His weight estimate was 9 lbs (give or take 10%)! Seems I was right about something else...I knew he'd be big. So anyway, that's the plan! Of course, there's always still the chance he'll decide he'd rather be born tomorrow or Wednesday...and that would be fine too. :)

1 comment: